Downloading or sharing movies from FilmyWap is illegal. This is a torrent website that illegally allows pirated download versions of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam and other language movies. Numerous cases are filed against FilmyWap. Recently we have seen a lot of Production houses and actors encouraged people to stop piracy.
Disclaimer: mi3896.com does not support or promote piracy. In fact, we are committed to the fight against Piracy. We are educating millions of viewers every month, about the impact of Piracy on the Film industry. We educate them about how piracy affects the Livelihoods of millions of people.
FilmyWap is Illegal, Governments block these websites
After receiving several complaints from Production Houses and filmmakers, the Indian Government has taken legal action against piracy. After the blocked of FilmyWap.com, many other websites with the same name but different domain extensions emerged. Hence the Governments keep blocking these websites.
Watching, sharing or downloading movies from FilmyWap is also a crime. According to Indiatimes recently published an article, quotes that “Soon Downloading Pirated Movies Could Land You Behind The Bars For 3 Years, Fine.”
Why Is It Illegal To Download Movies From FilmyWap
Production houses spend Millions to produce movies. As a result, they are the one authorized to keep the copyright (ownership) of the content. Productions Houses will have to legally authorize FilmyWap for distribution of the movie.
FilmyWap have never been into movie distribution Business. Neither the Production houses in India and abroad have authorized FilmyWap for movie distribution. FilmyWap is an illegal website to allows Movie Downloads through illegal methods. For eg: Leaks from Labs, theatres, and uploads into their websites. Piracy is illegal and is equivalent to theft. Different countries have different Copyright act to stop piracy. For example as per the Indian Copy Right Act 1957 FilmyWap is illegally distributing movies.
As per the Law (Copy Right Acts) distribution is illegal. It also states that the consumption of copyrighted content is a punishable act. As a result, you are committing a crime by downloading movies from FilmyWap.
Why FilmyWap Does Not Have Official Website or Social Media Presence
FilmyWap has been banned in many countries as it is an illegal medium. This is the reason why FilmyWap does not have an official website. Social Media platforms like Facebook, YouTube has a strict policy against piracy. This is the reason why FilmyWap does not have any Social Media presence.
How much Illegal websites like FilmyWap are costing Film Industry?
According to MoneyControl, the Indian film industry have to bear a loss of 18,000 Cr every year due to Piracy.
18,000 Cr is huge money and this is the lively hood of millions of people all around the world. FilmyWap being one of the top illegal websites causes the livelihood of thousands of people directly and millions of people indirectly. It is always better not to support piracy and not use websites like FilmyWap for watching movies.
Extracted from US Government website
Following text from the US government website, gives us an idea about the impact the sites as FilmyWap has on the audience and also on the society at the macro level.
“The revenues lost from piracy affect carpenters, electricians and other craftsmen who work in the entertainment industry as well as the economies of countries all over the world where movies are made. Movie piracy can affect you as well, even if you’re not downloading illegal copies of movies” – share.america.gov
- Illegal uploading and downloading of copyright-infringing materials takes up 24 percent of the bandwidth used in North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific regions. If you have a slow connection speed, it could be because of illegal file-sharing.
- Even if you don’t download movies illegally, you probably know — and get email and photos from — people who do. According to the Digital Citizens Alliance, consumers are 28 times more likely to get malware (software designed to damage computers) from sites offering illegal downloads. If you know anyone who does illegal streaming, you must guide her to not support this activity.
- According to the Motion Picture Association of America, the film and television industries are responsible for 2 million jobs in America alone. And local businesses that support the industry receive $43 billion every year. Numbers like that apply to overseas filming hubs as well. Stopping piracy we give a huge economic growth to the filmmaking countries around the world.
Legal ways to watch Movies Online?
Don’t have time to watch movies in the Theater? If yes, then there numerous ways to watch movies legally. Thanks to the advanced telecom technologies, that has drastically reduced the cost. As a result, watching movies online have become affordable.
There are typically 3 types of services you can opt for.
- Free Streaming of Movies online – Websites like Hotstar are a free source that allows free streaming of movies. The only problem is that the movies these websites showcase are old movies.
- Pay per Movie – For those who want movies once in a lifetime, Pay Per Movies is one of the best services they can go for. Websites like YouTube allows you to download the movie you wish for. If you are one of those who is a regular movie watcher, Pay Per Movie might cost you a lot.
- Monthly subscription – Monthly Subscription is one of the best services that anyone can opt for. Websites like Netflix, PrimeVideo allows monthly subscription plan. The price plan might vary from country to country. You can watch unlimited movies/tv shows with this subscription. We always recommend Monthly Subscription plan for those who is a regular.