Xiaomi came into the Laptop business with their Mi Air Laptop which was kinda like a Macbook clone with pretty decent hardware for the price. The Mi Air was available in a couple of sizes & Xiaomi even announced a Mi Notebook Pro with 8th Gen Intel U-series CPUs & NVIDIA MX150 GPU which was able to play some light games but, we didn’t saw a dedicated Gaming Laptop coming from Xiaomi. But, Xiaomi literally announced one which they are calling as the Xiaomi Gamebook.
The Xiaomi Gamebook is available with 45W 7th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs & either the NVIDIA GTX 1060 or the GTX 1050 Ti GPU. So, let’s get into the specifications of the device.
Xiaomi Gamebook Specifications
- Display: 15.6 inch 1920×1080 IPS Panel (72% NTSC)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ or Intel Core i5-7300HQ
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 or GTX 1050 Ti (available only with the i5 model)
- RAM: 16GB (available only with the High-end i7 model) or 8GB LPDDR4 2400 MHz
- Storage: 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (only in the i7 & 16GB RAM Model) or 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
- Ports: 1 x USB-C (with Displayport support), 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port (10/100/1000Mbps), 1 x Headphone-microphone combo Jack, 1 x Microphone jack, 1 x Full-size HDMI 2.0, Three-in-one Card Reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC) support.
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2×2)
- Bluetooth: v4.1
- Battery: 55 Whrs
- Speakers: 2 x 3W Speakers
- Webcam: HD (720P)
- Weight: 2.7 Kilograms
- OS: Windows 10 Home
The Laptop specifications are actually pretty nice & even the Aluminium alloy construction doesn’t carry a Gaming Laptop appearance. However, the Keyboard does have four-zone RGB customization options.
Finally, let’s talk about price. The Xiaomi Gamebook starts at 5999 Yuan (~ $955) for the i5 Model with 8GB RAM & GTX 1050Ti GPU & goes all the way upto 8999 Yuan (~ $1432) for the i7 Model with 16GB RAM & GTX 1060 GPU. The middle configurations cost 6999 (~ $1114) & 7999 Yuan (~ $1273) respectively.
So, these prices are definitely affordable but, not like super affordable things that we are used to from a company like Xiaomi. At least the compared to the US Pricing, we can’t call the Mi Gamebook cheap. But, we don’t think Xiaomi will bring the Gamebook outside China either just like what they did with their earlier Laptops. So, maybe that doesn’t matter either.